New Selwyn Centre
opens in Royal Oak
at Selwyn Heights
0800 473 599
Spiritual Reminisence in Dementia workshops
16, 20 & 23 August 2014
Perspectives on ageing and spirituality
A one-day conference
28 August 2014
9.00 am - 4.30 pm
Gerontology Nursing Conference
13 August 2014
7.30 am - 5.00 pm
$150 incl GST
About Selwyn Park, Whangarei
Selwyn Park is set on a 4.20 hectare (10.2 acre) site, seven kilometres from Whangarei city centre, in its own glorious park-like grounds surrounded by suburban housing. Established in 1967, Selwyn Park is surrounded by flat grasslands, with mature trees and a native bush backdrop populated by puriris, kowhai and native birds.
There are around 100 people living on site, including those in hospital and rest home care.
The Retirement Village consists of a small distinct precinct of about 1.15 hectares (2.7 acres) known as Sutton Close. A large, historic kauri villa is used as the base for community facilities.
The site is around the corner from local shops and only 3km away from Whangarei Base Hospital, a large public hospital.
- hair salon (three days a week)
- small shop
- function and community room (available in the rest home)
- large arts and crafts room
- full-sized indoor bowling green
- TV lounge
- rose garden and garden walks.
Services and activities
Selwyn Park offers residents the opportunity to stay active, keep learning, and enjoy life. There are:
- regular organised trips
- video showings of the latest film releases
- speakers and entertainers
- craft lessons.
The village has an active Residents' Committee which organises activities for the residents and acts as the residents' representative in discussions with the Village Manager.
Optional services available for purchase include:
- linen and laundry service
- handy-man services
- mini-bus transport to shops or appointments
- nursing and medical care.
- A doctor, a podiatrist and lab services visit regularly.
Our contact details are:
15 Puriri Park Road
Tel: (64-9) 438 1099
Fax: (64-9) 430 0500